Sunday, November 3, 2019

Week 11A: Newsletter Usage

For many coffee shops, the standard email news letter being sent out is usually a "Happy Birthday" email or even a promotion notification.  These newsletters come out every month or even quarterly.  For Central Brew, I think the best frequency of newsletters going out would definitely be monthly.  Anything less than that would be missed opportunities for attracting customer attention and anything more would be annoying and information would be redundant.  Of course a secondary email newsletter would go out to individuals on their birthday with a free drink coupon to hopefully bring in add-on sales.

Unlike most coffee shops, Central Brew does events throughout the year and deal days.  I think our newsletter wouldn't just be a promotion letter but instead, we would send out a monthly calendar.  This will have added benefits as it will let viewers know what events are coming up throughout the month such as Trivia Night or BOGO drink days.  Also, having a calendar would possibly lead to people wanting to remember certain dates and printing out the calendar to post on their fridge or at work.  This will increase visibility and act as a reminder everyday. 

-Calendar Events
-Promotions/Sales
-New Drinks
-Instagram picture of the month

5 comments:

  1. Cool thoughts on the frequency of emails! I agree, monthly sounds like its just right for a coffee shop. A calendar really complements that model so you don't have to keep reminding customers what's going on at the shop. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the calendar idea! I think it gives people a hint of what is coming up and makes the people that are really interested even more active with the business. I also agree that any updates that are more than monthly or bimonthly are too much and the other way around is too little. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that once a month would be an effective time period because people will actually get annoyed with anything more often than that. I really like your idea to send out information regarding future promotions in order to have your customers look forward to something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're right about the frequency of sending out your newsletter. Too many and it can get annoying. You have the right idea for a coffee shop, though, sending one on birthdays and advertising deals or new drink options. Great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your choice of a monthly newsletter for your coffee shop is good. Maybe for your calendar you could ask the user to click a button marking their interest and giving them a qr code for the sale. That way you could see how many people are interested and send reminders to them when the day approaches so they don't forget.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 - Final

  When I first signed up for this class, I thought I knew what it was going to be about and I honestly didn't think I would learn much. ...