Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Week 17 - Final

  When I first signed up for this class, I thought I knew what it was going to be about and I honestly didn't think I would learn much.  I actually thought this would be my easiest class all semester.  I could not have been any more wrong.  I used to perceive social media as a brainless form of enjoyment for those who needed self reassurance but now, I see the depth and complexity of social media and it's true potential.
 
  From a business perspective, I thought besides using Facebook business page, there wasn't much social media involved.  Throughout the semester, we learned that several other social media platforms could be utilized to effectively operate a business.  I think that you really need to encompass multiple social media platforms in order to be successful. 

  One of the best aspects that I loved about this class was that we were actually allowed to create a mock business.  If at the very least, it allowed us to think about something that interested us and how we would run with it.  Some people from this class may stick with it to make it a reality.  For myself, I feel that there are too many factors to make Central Brew a real thing and a lot of market research would need to be done prior.

  I found that the overall utility of Instagram was way more than just posting selfies.  I never thought about it before but through the semester I analyzed how effective it could be.  Imagine that a single person has even 50 followers.  If they post a picture related to your business, then that's 50 more people who will at least see it and may repost.  It's like the pay it forward method where one person helps 10 people and then each of those 10 people help 10 more people and so forth.  Instagrams network is massive and I think more companies should take advantage of it.

  Overall, I really enjoyed this class and all it had to offer.  I saw the purpose of this blog which was to share our thoughts with classmates but it seemed to not relate as much to the actual business aspect of social media.  I would have liked to dive more into Instagram utility and even Twitter.  After our quick Twitter segment, I still feel like I didn't get much out of it and aside from product or business deal updates, it doesn't seem as powerful as facebook events or instagram posts.  I would have also liked to get more into utilizing Yelp since it is a form of social media and it directly relates to business and customer relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 - Final

  When I first signed up for this class, I thought I knew what it was going to be about and I honestly didn't think I would learn much. ...