Sunday, November 17, 2019

Week 13A: Online Advertising - Comparing Ads

  Social advertising is different across all businesses.  The large more established businesses like Starbucks utilize their larger capital to highlight the company.  In Yelp, you'll find them as the "star" business if you look up coffee shops which no only stands the location out on the map but also makes the business the number 1 on the list.  Smaller businesses like mine rely on saving as much revenue as possible by avoiding trying to compete with market giants such as Starbucks and using picture ads that show off the products.  I think it's safe to say that depending on the size of the business in terms of revenue will determine what type of advertising is chosen.

  The things that I tend to gravitate toward are usually pictures/videos.  Like everyone says, a picture is worth a thousand words and for ads that utilize text, I simply don't have the patience to read.  Instagram's fitness gear gets me every time because seeing the pictures of the products with fit people make want to get in shape.  So naturally, I click on the images to check out the products.  More recently, I was browsing instagram and an ad for black Friday electronics sale was showing and got me to click on it almost instantly. 

  Advertising through traditional methods just simply doesn't reach the same audience size as social media advertising. I know I personally haven't picked up newspaper since the early 2000's.  In my mail, I still receive ad mailers and coupons but I don't bother looking through them and it goes straight to the trash.  Social media allows ads to reach a larger audience, can repeatedly reach the same customer over and over, and can be a cheaper alternative than traditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 - Final

  When I first signed up for this class, I thought I knew what it was going to be about and I honestly didn't think I would learn much. ...