Sunday, December 8, 2019

Week 15B: Review of analytics

After adding Google analytics,  the overall information received was zilch.  There has been zero traffic and therefore no data to report.  From this, I can see that the utility of the google analytics is really dependent on web traffic.  Even with a small sample size, the information received would not be very useful.  With higher web traffic,  I could see the usefulness of the tool.

The primary use would be understanding the traffic flow and what I can do to affect the flow rate.  If I were to create an ad and post it on Instagram, in theory I should see an increase in web traffic on my Facebook page.  Now after a week of the ad being posted I could refer to the google analytics page to see how it went.  Prior to this, I would have some sort of baseline for normal activity and I would see the delta after the ad post.  If I see that the traffic hasn't changed much, then I know I would need to adjust my ad or change the platform of its dispersal.  If I see that the web traffic has increased dramatically, then I would know that the ad deployment was a success and would continue to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 - Final

  When I first signed up for this class, I thought I knew what it was going to be about and I honestly didn't think I would learn much. ...